We offer a short 2-3 day trip to Kharkhorin. Maximum is 4 people per car.
Accommodation: Ger or Hotel
Vehicle: Private Compact Vehicle
Duration: Minimum 2 days
Route: UB-Elsen Tasarkhai Sand Dune-Kharkhorin (Erdenezuu Monastery)-Hustai Nuruu National Park-UB
Total length of the trip: 760km.
Car +Driver: US$50 a day (plus US$50 gasoline for two way)
Payment term: Cash either USD or equal MNT before start of trip
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- 360km west from Ulaanbaatar by paved road, 40km offroad to Hustai National Park
- 5 hours of driving in one way, you can eat on the way
- Take your own snacks, drinks, water
- Sleeping overnight in ger
- Riding camel on Elsen Tasarkhai sand dune (15K per hour). You are also expected to pay herder’s camel also.
- Taking picture with wild birds is ₮5,000 per person
- Entrance ticket to Erdenezuu Museum: ₮5,000 per visitor
Erdenezuu Temple is public, you don’t pay to enter. Take off your hat before enter, no photography is allowed inside.
- Entrance ticket to Hustai National Park: ₮18,000 per visitor
You will watch wild horse from distance. You are not allowed to approach wild horse closer than 300 meters.
- Travelers are expected to pay food (B/L/D), and accommodation of driver