We offer a short 2 day trip to Kharkhorin. Maximum is 3 people per car.
Accommodation: Ger or Hotel
Vehicle: Private Compact Vehicle
Duration: 2 days
Route: UB-Elsen Tasarkhai Sand Dune-Kharkhorin (Erdenezuu Monastery)-Hustai Nuruu National Park-UB
Total length of the trip: 760km.
Car +Driver: US$150 including gasoline
Payment term: Cash either USD or equal MNT before start of trip.
Day 1: Start driving to Elsen Tasarkhai Sand Dune (280km). Visit to local nomadic family. Lunch at the nomadic family. Camel riding on sand dune is available. Continue driving to Kharkhorin. Check in to a local ger camp. Stay overnight in ger.
Day 2: Breakfast at a cafe in village. Visit Erdenezuu Temple after breakfast, visit Kharakhorum Museum.
Lunch at the local cafe. Drive to Hustai Nuruu National Park (260km). Watch last Przewalski wild horse (Takhi) on the globe. Continue driving to Ulaanbaatar (100km). Reach Ulaanbaatar by evening.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- 360km west from Ulaanbaatar by paved road, 40km offroad to Hustai National Park
- 5 hours of driving in one way, you can eat on the way
- Take your own snacks, drinks, water
- Sleeping overnight in ger, bring your own sleeping bag
- Riding camel on Elsen Tasarkhai sand dune (15K per hour). You are also expected to pay herder’s camel also.
- Taking picture with wild birds is ₮5,000 per person
- Entrance ticket to Erdenezuu Museum: ₮5,000 per visitor
Erdenezuu Temple is public, you don’t pay to enter. Take off your hat before enter, no photography is allowed inside.
- Entrance ticket to Hustai National Park: ₮18,000 per visitor
You will watch wild horse from distance. You are not allowed to approach wild horse closer than 300 meters.
- Travelers are expected to pay food (B/L/D), and accommodation of driver