6 Days, 5 Nights Road Trip to Lake Khuvsgul National Park
Price: US$600 per person
ROUTE: Ulaanbaatar-Amarbayasgalant Monastery-Erdenet city-Murun city (Uushgiin Uvur Reindeer Stones)-Khatgal village (Lake Khuvsgul)-Uran Togoo-Erdenet city-Aglag Temple-Ulaanbaatar..
Available between May-September
Payment term: Cash either USD or equal MNT before start of trip
- Private comfortable SUV vehicle
- All transfers
- Services of English speaking driver
- Free water bottles on board
- Food B/L/D
- Basic accommodation at ger camps
- Entrance tickets to museums, national parks
- Cost for activities such as one-hour horse riding.
- Travel insurance
- Passport fees, visa fees etc
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal purchases
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Sleeping overnight in yurt or ger
- 4-5 hours of driving everyday
- Outhouse toilet situation
- Availability of hot shower
- Allergy of dust, car sickness problem!
- Drinking Mongolian tea (salty milk tea)
- Eating Mongolian food mutton dishes
- Watching night stars and Milky Way
- Visiting reindeer herder family
- Horse riding along the Lake Khuvsgul
- Cooking Mongolian traditional food
- Hiking on the mountain
WHAT TO BRING
- Use hand sanitizer, after contact with furry animals
- Buy some chocolates, candies or school items to giveaway in case if there are children at local nomadic families during the trip to countryside
- Bring your own sleeping bag
Day 1. Start driving to Amarbayasgalant Monastery (350km). Lunch along the way. Visit Amarbayasgalant Monastery, built in 1736, located in beautiful valley of Iven River. Check in to local ger guesthouse nearby. Dinner at the guesthouse. Stay overnight in ger. Hiking in nearby hills is available.
Day 2. Breakfast at the guesthouse. Start driving to Khatgal village via Erdenet city. Lunch in Murun city. Drive to Uushgiin Uvur Deer Stones nearby Murun city. Stop by 50° 100°, a crossing of 50th Parallel North and 100th Meridian East. Reach Khatgal village by late evening. Check in to local ger camp on the lake. Dinner at ger camp. Stay overnight in ger.
Day 3. Breakfast at the ger camp. Enjoy beautiful view of the lake (Boat trip is available). Visit local nomadic family. Lunch at the nomadic family. Start horse riding along the lake. Visit to reindeer herder family. Visit teepee of reindeer herder, drink reindeer milk tea, taking pictures with reindeer. Continue riding horse, reach ger camp to stay overnight. Dinner at the ger camp on the lake. Sleep in ger.
Day 4. Breakfast at the ger camp. Continue riding horse along the lake to Khatgal village. Start driving to Murun city. Lunch in Murun city. Continue driving to Uran Togoo, a crater of dead volcano (Hiking, trekking to crater of extinct volcano). Check in to a ger camp nearby. Dinner at the ger camp.
Day 5. Breakfast at the ger camp. Start driving to Erdenet city via Bulgan city. Lunch in Bulgan city. Check in to a hotel in Erdenet. Dinner at a local restaurant in Erdenet. Stay overnight in hotel.
Day 6. Breakfast at the hotel. Start driving to Ulaanbaatar via Aglag Meditation Center. Visit to Aglag temple. Lunch at the temple. Reach Ulaanbaatar by late afternoon.
NOTE: This trip is fully customizable.